The 12th Cavitation Symposium, CAV2024, is the world’s leading event committed to cavitation, where leading scientists and industry experts converge and discuss all phases of cavitation, both fundamental and applied. CAV2024 will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the latest advances in theoretical modelling, numerical simulation and experimentation related to the cavitation phenomenon.
CAV2024 is co-organized by Prof M. Gavaises (City, University of London) and Prof Peter Pelz (University of Darmstadt) and hosted by the MAICH Conference Centre, http://confer.maich.gr in the City of Chania, Crete.
CAV2024 is a unique opportunity to exchange ideas, present and discuss work on relevant subjects with leading scientists and industry experts in the field. During the three days of the conference, presentations will be given by invited experts in the field as well as by scientific contributions, which will be peer-reviewed and will receive a DOI. The following topics will be addressed:
- Nucleation, bubble dynamics and sonoluminescence
- Sheet, cloud and tip vortex cavitation
- Cavitation erosion, noise and vibrations
- Cavitation in fluid machinery (turbines, pumps, marine propellers, inducers, fuel injectors)
- Ultrasound cavitation in biomedical applications
- Ultrasound cleaning
- Numerical simulations, DNS and LES
- X-ray, neutron and laser experimental techniques
- Cavitation-induced atomisation, cryogenic flashing flows, acoustic vaporisation and explosions